The Indie Equation

The Unholy Marriage of Music and Math.

6.10.2005

Equation #17: Queens of the Stone Age



Queens of the Stone Age


Queens of the Stone Age is one of my favorite bands, and for a band that's been making music for as many years as I've been out of high school (that's 8 for you math people) I have to say I'm envious of their résumé. I mean, they've had 4 amazing records, what have I done? I'm a working stiff who makes humorous little pictures on the internet. Josh Homme has connections, he's had 2 great bands and the man can shred. I've been in 3 bands and none of them made it past the local grange or some dude's birthday party. I suck, QOTSA does not. Moving on. While I've heard next to nothing from their first eponymous disc I have heard the other 3 and I have to say they have their shit together. Definitely in my top ten list for best bands ever.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:59 AM, Blogger Eye of the Potato said…

    Ah, Screaming Trees...what ever happened to those guys?

    Great layout. Good on ya.

     
  • At 12:06 PM, Blogger Jaxe said…

    These are really great and usually SPOT ON! LOL! Rock on Justin!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home